What is Fleet Management?
Wikipedia defines Fleet Management as: a function which allows companies which rely on transportation in their business to remove or minimize the risks associated with vehicle investment, improving efficiency, productivity and reducing their overall transportation and staff costs, providing 100% compliance with government legislation (duty of care) and many more. These functions can be dealt with by either an in-house fleet-management department or an outsourced fleet-management provider.
At Capital Lease Group, we view Fleet Management as that function that allows us to offer services that will take those responsibilities off your plate so that you can remain focused on your company’s growth. From inception to disposition, we do it all so you won’t have to!
Capital’s Fleet Management Consultants have undergone extensive training to get to know you and your needs. They focus on understanding what your company is looking to accomplish by identifying various opportunities that will assist us in designing and tailoring a program which will encompass the full life cycle of your vehicle while filling your companies needs.
When thinking about whether or not a Fleet Management company may be right for your company, think about some of the following:-
- How much time are your employees currently spending on running your fleet?
- Are your employees spending at least 90% of their time running your business or are they taken away from your business to manage your fleet?
- Are your drivers in the right vehicles to create the greatest incentives for your company?
- What are your goals for the year? Is in house fleet management a distraction in reaching that goal?
- How much would your company gain if you did not have to concern yourself with fleet management?
- Do you have the right program for your company or would something different be a better fit?
Recent Blog Posts
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), the average vehicle accident costs an employer $16,500 in medical care, property damage, legal expenses, and…